Careers at Radiometrics Corporation
Radiometrics is the leader in the development, production, and use of ground-based microwave radiometers and thermodynamic profiler systems. We create technology that can improve near-term weather forecasting for a wide variety of applications, from improved wind energy predictions for utility operators, to saving lives and property through earlier detection of severe weather.
We are always looking for talented, enthusiastic, and success-oriented people to work in a fast-paced, innovation-intensive and multidisciplinary environment.
Our needs are diverse and changing, and they include:
- software development
- microwave engineering
- atmospheric science
- system engineering
- project management
- tests engineering
Radiometrics is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Current Opening: Front Office Admin/Accounts Payable
employment type: full-time
Radiometrics in Boulder has an immediate need for an individual to support the CEO and Accounting Manager to ensure the Boulder Headquarters is running smoothly. This will involve tasks including bookkeeping (A/P), ordering office supplies, greeting visitors and vendors and providing administrative support for other key leaders of the company.
Clerical duties may be assigned to include a combination of answering telephones, scheduling conference rooms, bookkeeping, writing memos or correspondence, and other support tasks for front office, accounting and administrative support.
• Support the administrative needs of the company CEO
• Manage reception/front desk operations to include greeting visitors, answering phones and distributing incoming mail.
• Manage all office support and facility issues; including maintaining kitchen,lobby area, and conference rooms, general office supply inventory, ordering, and disbursement/delivery.
• Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
• Keep a current record of staff members’ whereabouts and availability.
• Maintain company directory and phone lists.
• Perform duties, such as taking care of plants or straightening magazines to maintain lobby or reception area.
• Coordinates company-wide communication
• Manage conference room calendars, reserve rooms as requested and prepare rooms for meetings.
• Support event coordination for all internal company activities and events and meetings with external guests.
• Prepare, compile and organize presentation materials.
• Assist teams with various special projects, data entry and filing as needed.
• Entering basic invoices — accounts payable, new client information in the company financial system.
• Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
• Code Accounts Payable according to company procedures.
• Set up Chart of Accounts and process monthly Accounts Payable.
• Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms take payment to banks. Reconcile records of bank transactions.
• Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, Reconcile vendor account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
• Prepare timesheets and expense reports to assist in employee payroll process.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal person will possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills as well as good multi-tasking and problem solving abilities, strong computer skills and solid experience in office administration and accounting.
• Very strong computer skills: MS Office skills to include Outlook, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; as well as strong accounting software. (See below)
• Excellent communication skills, especially over the phone
• Works well independently and as a member of a team
• Demonstrates critical thinking and problem solving skills; innovates to find useful and practical solutions
• Focused on results with attention to detail
• High School Diploma
• Preferred Associates Degree in Accounting
• Minimum 1 year exp with accounting software; prefer Sage Business Works Gold, Great Plains or Peachtree.
• 1+ years of experience in accounts payable and/or bookkeeping
• 3+ years’ experience in administration/office management
Work Environment: Enjoy working in a friendly, small team environment with opportunity for learning and advancing skills while personally impacting large scale domestic and international projects. The office is located in Boulder near Gunbarrel open space lakes and walking paths, and has a dog-friendly workplace policy and great company benefits
Please email résumés here.